Tree Guards and Stakes – Plant Guards for Sale
Our high-quality tree stakes will give your trees the support they require and, when combined with our tree guards, can help protect them against wind, frost, spray drift and foraging animals. They’re the ideal solution to prevent your new saplings from being damaged and give them the best chance of becoming healthy and strong.
There are many reasons to plant new trees. They help to create shade and shelter for both livestock and crops and provide food and shelter for many wildlife species. Trees also absorb carbon dioxide from the atmosphere which helps to combat climate change. Plus, they’re very attractive! However, some young trees need all the help they can get to become securely established in their new home.
Do All New Trees Need to be Staked?
New trees, like all plants, need water, sunlight, and nutrients. But they may also need extra support to ensure that they grow upright. However, not all young trees need staking; in fact, most don’t. Staking trees that don’t need to be staked may cause the tree to grow fewer roots and develop a weak base.
So, when should you stake a tree?
If the tree is healthy and has a solid root system and sturdy trunk, it probably won’t need staking. Conifers, evergreens, and trees with branches that grow lower to the ground don’t require staking either. However, you should stake your tree if:
- It’s a bare-root tree or has a small root ball
- It’s planted in areas where there is a lot of footfall, for example, on a street
- It can’t stand on its own or it starts to lean
- It’s top heavy with no lower branches
Some trees, including oleander, acacia and eucalyptus trees will always require to be supported with tree planting stakes.
Why Order Your Tree Stakes from Sage Horticultural?
Staking trees is an effective way to ensure your trees grow to be healthy and strong and here’s why Sage Horticultural is the ideal place to order what you need. You can contact us if you’re looking for greenhouses for your homes
- Affordable: Our tree stakes are reasonably priced, and our delivery costs are minimal, allowing you to buy what you need in a cost-effective way.
- Convenience and Handling: Ordering from our online store is quick and convenient. We never compromise on quality, and we take extra care when delivering easily damaged goods like stakes.
- Experienced Professionals: We’ve been in the industry for 40 years and using our experience, we select the best horticultural products for our customers. We’re also here to offer technical advice on a whole range of equipment and fertilisers.
Order Your Tree Stakes Today!
Our cost-effective products make staking trees easy and affordable. We also sell our stakes in bulk quantities for those large jobs. So, choose what you need and place your order today with Sage Horticultural.
If you do have any questions about our products including bamboo stakes or green house covering, simply get in touch with our team by dropping an email in our inbox at [email protected] or feel free to call us on 03 9796 3100, and we’ll do what we can to help.